Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pencil yourself in....

Years ago I had a friend I met in a writing class and when the class ended we would met once a week at a coffee shop to encourage each other and to take time to write together. We would share stories about our day to day journeys and she always encouraged me to pencil myself in on the calendar just as I would a doctors appointment. She showed me on her calendar where she made an appointment with herself once a week and I was always amazed because I couldn't seem to allow that to happen. I chalked it up to she was a grandmother, no children living at home and had a stable life. But looking back I can see it wasn't about what she had and what I didn't, it was about valuing myself enough to show up. To be there for me. I was there for everyone BUT ME!
She would be proud to know I am working on that. I penciled myself in yesterday, showed up and went to a Women's art group just to play. I am doing more and more of that these days. Thank you dear friend for your words.........

No comments:

Post a Comment