Sunday, July 18, 2010

An unconventional life........

I found myself the other day justifying, rationalizing, and explaining the life I choose to live with my children. Later when I had time to reflex back, I realized I don't need to give an excuse or a detailed list to anyone of why I live the way I live. If I am at peace and my children are happy what else matters. I realize it is okay for them to wonder or question but I don't have to fill in the blanks for them just because they ask. If I thought their curiosity was to understand and maybe take away a different view then maybe I would be inclined to share. Living my life is a moment by moment event. When I took on the unconventional life I throw away the rules and decided to go with what feels right. I can take away from this experience the reminder of when I judge another to allow them the freedom to live as they want and I can still love and accept the other person because I am content with what I have chosen and I don't need their stamp of approval for me to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment