Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Present Moment...

On the last day of my awesome beach trip my usual first reaction is to try to hold on to all the moments and never let them go. To feel sad and wish it would never end. But this time I tried to just let each moment be what it was and not try to hold it so tight thinking that somehow I could capture it and have some kind of control over it. I was just as happy when I left as I was when I arrived. I am working on "impermanence" in my life. Letting go was not something I ever did very well. There is a saying "I never let go of anything with out claw marks all over it", and all the while screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That was me! But now being in a place in my life of utter uncertainty, my choice's are to embrace it or fight it. And I am choosing to embrace the unknown. To let each present moment bring me new and exciting ideas and challenges. I'm so grateful I don't have to go this uncharted road alone. I have the most giving, supportive and loving friends anyone could want. Everyday I appreciate their presence in my life. And thanks to all that follow my blog that I have never met. I hope you gain as much as I do from each person that passes through our lives. Let's embrace the impermanence together!

No comments:

Post a Comment