Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Deep Listening

"We can always begin by allowing ourselves to sink into the depth of whatever moment we are in. For depth is ever-present. We don't have to travel to find depth. We simply have to relax our minds onto the ground of where we are, the way roots unravel in the earth after a long, soaking rain."

Deep listening is something I've been working on for a while now. But I had it backwards... I've been trying to deeply listen to others, and not to myself. Somehow it seemed easier to listen to another. There isn't the wondering if what I'm hearing is something I have the courage to do, because it's your story not mine. But since committing to love and honor myself, this is something I must do ~ for me! To love, honor and deeply listen to all parts of myself, even when what I hear, seems frightening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment