Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cooking...

"If you give a man a fish he feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Chinese Proverb

Two of my children are really beginning to enjoy the "joy" of cooking. My middle son loves to bake and come up with interesting sandwiches as well as have a creative opinion about our dinners together. My daughter surprised me the other day when I came home and discovered she had "made up" a recipe and it was delicious. So delicious, that we made the pancakes when my sister came to visit and she wrote the recipe down to take home with her. Plus my daughter has been helping make dinner the last few nights and it is really fun to hang out together with a common goal of "good eats." Always a joy to watch my children flourish, change and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment