Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Woke up...

The first thing my brain did when I woke up this morning was start comparing myself to others. This person was doing this, that person was achieving this, and my self critic started filling my mind with negative talk. I tried not to let it throw me off for the whole day. I allowed the voices to be there and while choosing to ignore them, I struggled on and off and worked on things I "had" to do but also on things that make me smile. So by the end of the day I was feeling better... and had stopped comparing.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I can word this right, but when that happens to me, I try to figure out what I am trying to tell myself. Cause for me it isn't about the other people it is about me. What is it about me that I would like to be different, or do things differently etc. I think we all do this to some extent.

    ReplyDelete