Monday, November 11, 2013

Drummer...

"Maybe you’ve felt like you’re not cut from the same cloth. You’re probably right. You’re not ‘normal.’ You’re not ordinary. I’d say you’re extraordinary. You’re a voice. You’re a presence. And you are here to bring something different to the conversation. Let your difference make a difference."
Tama J. Kieves

My mother had given me a little plaque to put in my room when I was young that read:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears however measured or far away." 
I always felt growing up that my difference to the others in the family was a defect, something to feel bad about because I couldn't see life the way they saw it. But now a little older and wiser, I'm realizing I can bring something different to the conversation... AND that I CAN make a difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment