Sunday, November 2, 2014

Listen...


As I was watching Super Soul Sunday today and with all the beautiful and thought provoking things Marianne Williamson said, the one that stuck me was when asked "what she would have done differently in her campaign when running for governor." Her response was, " something she already knew, which was to just listen to what she knew inside." But because she asked other people what she should do as a person running for political office, she did things not knowing she could choose not to do them and follow what felt right for her. I found this a good reminder for myself, when asking others advice on subjects I'm not sure or when struggling with what to do, to still listen to my own "knowing" and decide if what is being said resonates for me or if what I'm feeling fits comfortable. It's a habit that I have to continually pick up and be aware of, and even with many years gone around this earth, I am forever learning and remembering to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment