Monday, July 25, 2011

My Dad...

I've been thinking about the day my dad called me on his death bed. Because of medical complications he was not able to speak and when he called I had not spoken with him in a very long time. I wondered what he would have said after all the lost years if he was able to talk, but then I thought, love doesn't really need words. But for some reason it struck me almost 16 years later how profound that felt. That no matter what circumstances life gave us and even though we never really knew what the other felt except maybe rejection on both sides, at the very end my father wanted me to know before he left this planet earth that I was loved. And I'm sure he felt sorrow for the way things turned out, just as I had and that it was not about me, it was about the struggles he had . But dad really did love me and I'm sure thought about me more then I will ever know. Thank you dad for that phone call, I feel loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment