Friday, January 20, 2012

Living on the Edge...


I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things that you can't see from the center.

Kurt Vonnegut

Living on the edge is not something that is even remotely within my comfort zone, but I would like it to be a more comfortable feeling ( be careful what you wish for ) . I just love that quote because it is so true - you can see so much more when your not standing safely in the center. If I had to pick one thing I would call "living on the edge" for me, it would be driving. Every time I drive it's a challenge, but it has allowed me to see so much more then staying closed inside and not venturing out. And just "trusting the universe" is pretty close to the edge for me too. I am someone who likes to have things organized and scheduled - I like knowing! So the quote is a good reminder that clinging to close to "safe" leaves no room to see all the beauty that the world has to offer and all that I am capable of offering to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment