Friday, December 3, 2010

Being Human...

Most of this year I have been trying to honor the things that I feel are beneficial to my well being. Like exercise, eating healthy, being creative, getting enough sleep, meditating, loving and accepting myself in the "present moment". I feel if I put these things as a priority in my life then all other will fall into place. And when I "show - don't tell" my children what's important to me, I hope they too will learn that it's okay to follow what feels right for them.
I have not accomplished and kept up with my list as I would have liked but I have to remind myself it is not about the destination but the journey. It's about progress not perfection. I have been "stuck" many times because of perfection. But I've grown to be more gentle with myself and with that comes permission to be human. To fail, to try, to win. And when I allow myself to be human I find I allow others to be as well. It lightens the load and frees me to be more open and compassionate with myself and those around me.
I also strive to be a human "being", rather then a human "doing". That lesson is a little more challenging because in the past I was a "doer" and I did for everyone but me. So it has been a nice adventure this past year to whittle away at life and enjoy each step of the way with no idea what the end result will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment