Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holding on...

Holding on to what I know to be my truth, at this present moment is hard. I am allowing another words to cause me to find fault with myself and to doubt what I know to be true. I know the other person is lashing out and I am struggling to offer only love to myself as well as them. To not give the words any more value then what they deserve, which is nothing because I know they are only out of anothers pain. I love the song by the music group Train, called "Words", maybe I will try and live by them today and know this too shall pass...

Here is just a few of the lyrics from the song:

Words they'll try to shake you
Don't let them break you
Or stop your world from turning
When words keep you from feeling good
Use them as firewood and let them burn

Let them burn
Let them burn
Underneath every word somebody's heart been broken


No comments:

Post a Comment