Friday, December 17, 2010

A slow pace...

I have discovered in the last few months that I am a slow person. I think slow, I read slow, I make decisions slow, I walk slow, but one thing I don't do slow is eat. Over the years with young children and living a life for others eating was just something I could do fast and keep going. I am trying to to more mindful of what and how I'm eating. I still find myself eating on the run, even in my own home. Chewing to fast and then wondering when the food is all gone what it was I just ate. I love to cook and I enjoy the process of preparing the food but sitting down and focusing on the end result is harder. But with a little practise and patience I can learn to once again savor the food that is prepared and placed before me, whether that is made by me or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment