Saturday, December 18, 2010

pondering...

Are you more fascinated by what you can see or by what you cannot see?

I noticed the other day at the gingerbread library program that when the children came in to decorate, some of them needed to find the right one, the perfect looking one. Got me pondering on how much do I base my views and what I pick by only what my eyes can see. The old saying "don't judge a book by its cover" sounds easy but as a human a lot of times that is not my first instinct. And then there are times when you do need to base your decision on what you see. Like someone's behavior or something that looks dangerous. I guess it comes down to using your judgement in each situation and when we are fully present we will know which option is right at the time. Just good food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment