Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Surprise...

It's a new day
A day full of surprises and expectation for all good things. Most days I have a "to do" list and activities I'm involved in, but in each moment there is also the element of surprise. I can make a list, plan events, schedule appointments, and day dream but there is a part of life that is unknown and unexpected. I can choose to see it as exciting or frightening. Most of my life I chose frightened. Afraid if I didn't know or try to control what was going on, my world might fall apart (it never did but I wasn't sure that it wouldn't). I would search for answers to "why" so it would all make sense. I was always resisting life, swimming up stream and making everything harder then it had to be. I am beginning to like the "go with the flow" feeling. It is less work and leaves me lighter and filled with anticipation. When I don't have everything planned and accounted for I can leave the fine details up to the Universe to plan things out for me, things that I might never in a million years have dreamed for myself. Why set limits on what is available?

No comments:

Post a Comment